Monday, August 29, 2005

I know. I have been very remiss in posting lately. It has almost been a week and the last post said I was going to post the results from the pre-packaged taste off.

Sorry. The html tabling of the results has annoyed me enough to throw up my hands and swear. Loudly.

It will arrive soon. Please have patience. Until then, here is a little taste.

I made meatloaf!

Last Thursday was Tex-Mex night at mi Casa, so here is...

Peter's Chicken Mexi-Cali Loaf
A Mexican inspired loaf. Tastey, fragrant and sure to be a crowd pleaser. Quick and easy, this is the one to try (inspite of the picture).


Ingredients

2 lbs lean ground chicken
1 large onion, chopped fine
1 jalapeno, chopped fine
1 can refried beans
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup chili sauce
3 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Glaze

1 cup Green salsa
2 tbsp citrus hot sauce
3 tbsp honey

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.

3. Pour mixture into loaf tin.

4. Bake for 1 hour. Mix glaze ingredients in small bowl.

5. Remove loaf from oven and pour glaze mixture in loaf tin, covering loaf evenly.

6. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand for 1o minutes; slice and serve with additional green salsa.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Peter. I think it is the colour. It looks like cat food. This may be a draw back of all chicken loaves...
As for the side bar: I think if you are going to serve meatloaf at your wedding you'd best make it with caribou or elk or something and bill it as "Terrine of Wild Game"

Jonathan Richler said...

Actually, I think it looks kind of good. I'll try it out as soon as I get my hands on some ground chicken. I love anything mexican, and you can take that any way you wish.....

PS google Gazebow Unit - newfie rap at its best.

spezbaby said...

Gazeebow Unit is just plain wrong.