Monday, April 17, 2006

Back around Jan. 7th, JOR! posted his mom's meatloaf recipe. Since Sami Lama requested it, here it is reposted for everyone's enjoyment and edification.
Meat Loafs (Loaves?)

1 1/2 pounds hamburger
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 egg beaten
3/4 cup milk

Sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp prepared mustard

1. Make 6 small loaves (must be round, not square) - cover with sauce, on top only, of course.
2. Bake 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

Pretty simple and straight forward and oh so delicious. These meat pucks, and I mean that in the most flattering of ways, are 'old-school exceptional' on my meatloaf scale.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Thanks Peter. I think I may just try out the recipe this weekend. I have so missed those loaves.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for that recipe, it sounds awesome! Found your blog from Google after typing in "tastiest meatloaf recipe"! Trying yours next weekend for Sunday dinner! Meatloaf is my favorite meal of all time, so naturally I think your journal is just fantastic!

Hugs and many thanks!

Kathy